Drawing on cutting edge research from the Institute of HeartMath, California, as well as Shelley Davidow’s extensive experience in working with children and teens, Raising Stress-Proof Kids explores the powerful and potentially long-term effects of stress on our children. Most importantly, it offers simple but effective steps that parents can take to minimize the impact of stress at home and at school. These include tools from the author’s "Restorative Parenting Toolbox," empowering parents with the necessary skills to:
• resolve behavior issues
• deal with temper tantrums
• resolve sibling rivalries
• handle bullying
• cope with teenagers testing their independence
• navigate the challenges posed by the virtual world, and
• provide firm, effective guidance when problems arise.