A Couple's Guide to Happy Retirement and Aging
A Couple’s Guide to Happy Retirement and Aging is the most comprehensive book devoted entirely to individual and couples relationship issues in the later stage of life. Not a treatise on money management, this is a much-needed guide to the psychological aspects of aging and how to make your relationship happy, fruitful, loving, and successful during your retirement years.
Written by Dr. Sara Yogev, a psychologist specializing in work and family issues, A Couple’s Guide to Happy Retirement and Aging summarizes the latest research findings and draws from actual accounts of couples. This book will help you and your partner:
- prepare emotionally for the dramatic life changes during retirement years
- find new purposes to your life beyond work
- nurture your relationship and strengthen your friendship and love as you age
- explore sexuality at this stage of life including how you can enjoy each other as much as you did as a younger couple
- implement strategies to successfully deal with differences around money, time together versus apart, housework, and family relationships
The 2018 edition includes new chapters about substance abuse, cohabitation, and the impact of technology on senior couples as well as updates to all previous chapters. It is crucial that couples prepare themselves and their marriages psychologically for their retirement years, which could very well be a quarter of their lives. A Couple’s Guide to Happy Retirement and Aging shows you how to do that—so that you’ll have the time of your lives.