- We will pair you with trained editors and designers who will collaborate with you and consider your input through every step of the process.
- Our team will outline and spearhead a detailed marketing strategy to launch the book into the market.
- We will pay you monthly royalties.
- If you ever feel dissatisfied with our relationship, you will be free to walk away with all rights. (We will just ask for a year first to try to make things right.)
- You will feel like a part of the Familius family.
- We will always be true to our mission.
- Authors will seek to understand the Familius mission and provide content that aligns with its vision.
- Authors will engage with our editorial and design teams to refine the manuscript and prepare the book for print.
- Authors will be professional, courteous, and helpful team players as they work with Familius to make the best book possible.
- Authors will fully participate in marketing and promoting the book after publication.
Familius publishes a fantastic line of books, ebooks, apps, audiobooks, videos, and more.
As a small publisher, our hands-on team works closely with each author. This means you’ll have an opportunity to collaborate with your book’s editor, designer, cover artist, and marketing team to make the best book possible.
It’s a unique family environment that you won’t find at many other publishers, and we love it.
What Are We
Familius is a mission-driven company. We believe that the family is the fundamental unit of society, and all of our books reflect at least one of our 10 Habits of Happy Families. Our categories include children’s picture books and board books, parenting, relationships, self-help, family fun, education, cooking, and health and wellness for both adults and young adults. Basically, if your book can help us achieve our mission of helping families be happy, we want to talk to you.
Visit our catalog page to learn more about our books.
Guidelines & What to Include in Your Proposal
- Include a one-page cover letter giving a brief description of the project, why you think Familius should publish it, what’s included in the proposal, and your contact information. (If your proposal is a simultaneous submission, please indicate this in your cover letter.)
- Include an outline, introduction, sample text/chapters, sample illustrations or photographs, sample captions, sample recipes or projects, as applicable. (When submitting artwork, please do not send original art because it won’t be returned. Photocopies or scans work just fine!)
- Include a market analysis of the book’s potential audience. Who is the target reader? Are there similar titles? Be sure to include a list of those titles, their publishers and publication dates, and how your book is different.
- Include a biography (with publishing credits and relevant credentials) for the author, illustrator, and photographer as applicable. Please also tell us about markets you’ve worked with in the past, including radio stations, newspapers, magazines, organizations/corporations, speaking engagements, and your own social media reach.
- If the manuscript is still in the works, include an estimated completion date.
- Familius only accepts electronic submissions. Please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We regret that we are unable to personally respond to unsolicited submissions unless we’re interested in publishing.
- It usually takes us about two to three months to review submissions.